14 February, Monday
6pm UK | 2am, 15 Feb Malaysia
How can internet art and culture respond to and engage with accessibility issues facing us today?
Net artist and founder of New Art City, d0n.xyz (Don Hanson) joins us for an artist talk exploring his work to date, which includes a focus on web-accessibility in relation to his artistic practice, as well as accessibility strategies taken by New Art City to prioritise a11y.
The talk will last for 45 minutes and will conclude with a 15 minute Q&A.
About d0n.xyz (Don Hanson)
d0n.xyz (Don Hanson) is a designer and internet artist based in Oakland, California. He codes websites as artworks and software as creative prototypes. Some of his prototypes have become fully realized tools used by artists all over the world. His work has been featured in The New York Times, Art in America and CBC Radio. As founder of New Art City he aims to provide an accessible toolkit to all types of artists and create a connected online home for born-digital artifacts.
In Transit is committed to making our events as accessible as possible for every audience member. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to discuss a particular request and we will gladly discuss with you the best way to accommodate it.
About This Event
• This event takes place online only
• You can access this event by registering for a place here and a meeting link will be sent to you on the event date.
• This event is suitable for those over the age of 16
• We are unable to provide British Sign Language interpretation for this event.
• The talk is pre-recorded and will be accompanied with closed captioning. We are unable to provide live closed captioning for the Q&A which will happen after the talk.
• As the event is scheduled for a total of one hour, we will not take a rest break.
• As the event is being live streamed, you can access it from your home if you have access to an internet connection
• The event will be available afterwards as a video recording on this page. We would like to thank the speakers for agreeing to this. This information will be updated where required.